Homelessness and housing insecurity are typical outcomes for these vulnerable youth. Recent studies show that in Ontario, approximately 43 percent of homeless youth have, at some point been involved with the child protection sector.
In response to this problem we provide housing support for our youth, adhering to the Housing First For Youth (HF4Y) Model. This involves the effort to find and retain safe, decent and affordable housing in the community as the foundation to all other possible successes. The ultimate goal is to support our youth through successful transition to independence and competence.
Our services here include:
- Accompanying youth with housing search and helping with applications
- Youth-Landlord mediation when needed
- Moving and settling-in Support
- Linking youth to community resources for employment, health and appropriate financial support
- Life Skills training to strengthen capacity to live independently